Focused on Sub IMO / Sub 24 metre Professional Sector
Workboats – Search & Rescue – Pilot Boats – Patrol Boats – Survey
Wind Farm Support – Training & Charter Vessels – Superyacht Tenders
All marine sectors are invited to participate in the ‘MAN OVERBOARD Prevention & Recovery Workshop’ at Grand Harbour, Southampton on Tuesday 25 April 2017.
Attendees include Professional, Commercial and Military Organisations, Boat Operators, Boat Builders, Equipment Manufacturers and Maritime Legislators.
We fully appreciate that the whole subject of prevention, location, recovery and treatment can only be touched upon in a one day seminar.
Our objective is to bring together people with genuine experience to share knowledge and endeavour to improve best practice across all maritime sectors.
Workshop Lead: John Haynes firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Manager: Julie Arthur email@example.com
10 Reasons Why Your Organisation Should Attend MOB Workshop:
1. Learn simple solutions that can improve the safety plan(s) for your operations on and around water.
2. Understand the man overboard’s perspective and effects of wearing PPE in water.
3. Clarify why rapid return to the MOB is essential BUT effective recovery onboard saves lives.
4. Learn how vessel design can influence recovery of a casualty.
5. Consider what electronic devices are effective aids to location for an MOB.
6. Discover how new technology still needs the Mark One Eyeball in a rescue situation.
7. Gain knowledge of how rescues are coordinated remotely and in vicinity of the man overboard.
8. Consider risks, responsibilities and liability for organisations and individuals from an MOB incident.
9. Be part of an industry group sharing experiences and identifying genuine best practice.
10. Understand why a joined up approach to prevention, recovery and casualty care is essential.
Presenters include Subject Matter Experts:
Capt Andrew Moll UK Marine Accident Investigation Branch
Capt Don Cockrill UK Maritime Pilots Association
Capt Jon Stafford Port of London Authority
Paul Savage Maritime Medical Solutions Consultant
JoJo Mains Royal National Lifeboat Institution
TBC – HM Coast Guard Maritime Operations Centre
Background to the Event:
Shock Mitigation run specialist events that create an independent platform where maritime organisations address relevant issues and share knowledge between sectors. Support has been excellent from both end-user organisations and the marine industry.